Sustainability Television Inc. (“Sustainability TV") is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information entrusted to us.
What Is Personal Information?
Personal and Other Information Collected by Sustainability TV.
We may collect information through technology (such as logging IP addresses) for routine system administration purposes, to make our Website more interesting and useful to you, or to manage data and content delivery.
Privacy of Children.
Some of the programs offered by Sustainability TV are not intended for children under the Age of Majority and we do not knowingly collect information from children under this age on the Website. When registering on the Website, we may require that users submit their birth dates and no individual shall be permitted to join as a member if they indicate that they are under the Age of Majority, unless they have parental (which includes a legal guardian) consent. Consent must be provided in writing to Sustainability TV together with sufficient information so as to be able to clearly identify the consenting parent or legal guardian. Under no circumstance shall anyone under 19 years of age be knowingly allowed to become a member.
Sustainability TV urges all parents and legal guardians to supervise their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their Personal Information online.
We reserve the right to collect, use and disclose your Personal Information without consent where required or permitted by law.
Why Does Sustainability TV Collect Personal Information?
Sustainability TV may collect Personal Information (such as, but not limited to an email address) for the following reasons:
1. To provide you with the products or services you have requested, including processing your payment;
2. To provide you with services in accordance with your “corporate member account”;
3. To provide you with services in accordance with your “individual member account”;
4. To allow us to serve you better through enhanced products, customer service and directed Sustainability TV promotional efforts of particular interest;
5. To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions or concerns you may have about our products or services; and
6. To determine your eligibility for our products and services.
7. To communicate with you via email to send you our monthly member newsletter.
Consent to Communications via email.
All member accounts (individual and corporate) specifically consent to receiving communications from Sustainability TV via email and or via other information provided in your member account.
All members of www.SustainabilityTelevision.com expressly agree to receiving our monthly newsletter via email, unless you choose to opt-out via the unsubscribe feature found in the newsletter or by requesting via email to be unsubscribed.
Sustainability TV reserves the right, and you expressly agree to allowing Sustainability TV the right to contact you via the contact information you supply to us as long as you maintain a member account on SustainabilityTelevision.com.
From time-to-time you may have the opportunity to opt-in to receive offers, promotions or other information from Sustainability TV, in which case your information will be used to provide you with promotional offers for Sustainability TV products that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our products and services. If you have opted-in to receive these offers, we may also use your Personal Information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date.
What Kind of Personal Information Does Sustainability TV Disclose, to Whom and Why?
1. To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, Sustainability TV may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, contests or collection of overdue accounts. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your Personal Information to the service being provided.
2. To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose Personal Information to the government or to other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the company’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
3. To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving Sustainability TV, including for example (but not limited to), a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to Sustainability TV's customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, Sustainability TV would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your Personal Information would be transferred to Sustainability TV's successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
How Long Does Sustainability TV Retain Personal Information?
We keep your Personal Information as long as you maintain an account with us, or such period of time as is reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your Personal Information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
What Security Measures Does Sustainability TV Have in Place To Safeguard Personal Information?
Sustainability TV has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords and firewalls to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information contained on our computer systems. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out an identified purpose.
Where is my Personal Information Located?
Non-personal or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When users browse the Website, for example, Sustainability TV gathers information about the number of users who are viewing each page so that Sustainability TV can learn what features are the most popular. Sustainability TV also uses this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to personalize and enhance your onsite experience by displaying content and marketing messages Sustainability TV believes will be of interest to you and to deliver content that is specific to your region. Sustainability TV may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about the Website to third parties.
In addition, to help us better understand our markets, Sustainability TV may gather demographic information for analytical purposes on an anonymous, aggregate basis. This information is not kept, used or disclosed at the individual level, but may be disclosed to third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis.
Links to Third Party Sites.
Users may, through hypertext or other computer “links”, gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by Sustainability TV. Sustainability TV is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Sustainability TV of the website linked to. Sustainability TV ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITES OPERATED BY SUSTAINABILITY TV, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON AN SUSTAINABILITY TV OPERATED WEBSITE. Unless otherwise indicated at an Sustainability TV operated website, Sustainability TV is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked websites, and trademarks used in connection with linked websites are not trademarks of Sustainability TV. Sustainability TV specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by anyone under the age of Age of Majority of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
How To Control How Your Personal Information is Collected, Used and Disclosed.
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information shall be directed to Sustainability TV’s Customer Service Department, as described below.
You may choose not to receive email from us, even after granting permission, by unsubscribing. Instructions on how to unsubscribe from emails that are not related to processing of your transactions with us are included in each such email.
A request for a copy of the Personal Information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your country, must be made in writing giving details with which Sustainability TV can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.
Questions, Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information.
Email: privacy (at) SustainabilityTelevision.com
3665 - 349 West Georgia St.
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 3X8
Please note that certain information is required by Sustainability TV to process payment and fulfill any orders that you may place through the Website. This means that if you withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information for these purposes, Sustainability TV will not be able to fulfill your orders.
If, after contacting our Customer Service Representative, your concerns or questions have not been resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact Sustainability TV’s Legal Department in writing via regular mail or email:
Sustainability Television Inc.
Attention: Legal Department
3665 - 349 West Georgia St.
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 3X8
Email: privacy (at) SustainabilityTelevision.com
Effective Date: June 29, 2014