Event: The Ripple Effect
Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 09:00 to 15:00
The Ripple Effect: A Rivers Day Youth-4-Action Symposium
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 23RD
The sustainability of our region is closely tied to healthy waterways – locally and globally. The region’s creeks, streams, lakes and rivers connect us to the Georgia Straight, the Pacific and the World’s oceans every day.
Join high school youth leaders from across Metro Vancouver who are passionate about taking action to maintain, protect and enhance local receiving waters in Metro Vancouver and beyond.
- Get to know why healthy waterways are essential for a sustainable region
- Explore daily choices and impacts on receiving water
- Experience RiverFest 2013, an engaging Annual Rivers Day Event
- Identify ideas for action to enhance and protect rivers and ocean health
- Connect with community partners who are actively caring for local waterways
- Explore ideas for school and community actions for healthy waterways
On Rivers Day 2013, join youth leaders and community partners from across Metro Vancouver will take action to maintain, protect and enhance local waterways.
Metro Vancouver, Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation, BC Rivershed Society, Fraser River Discovery Centre, The Vancouver Aquarium, Science World.
To register visit: http://www.metrovancouver.org (search “Youth4Action” or “Youth Leadership”)